About Souvenir d'Alphonse Lavallee and other roses

Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

In late spring I´ve got a specimen from a friend which already had a height of about 2meters. Now it´s flowering at the Rosenpark - but within the Alba-bedder!:s06:
Will have to move it in autumn again. Why didn´t I ask you before?!:rolleyes:
uli21

Beitrag von uli21 »

Welcone, Arild!
We are very pleased to have you here with us!

- So we can practice our English and you your German writing. And it´s very interesting to read about gardens in your country and to get to know your passions in your gardens. I look forward to see soon many pictures of your garden!

I hope you enjoy reading and writing in our forum (ist this the right word for it in English too??:s07:)

With the best regards from
uli from Vienna
Ginny

Beitrag von Ginny »

Hallo Arild, willkommen hier im kleinen Forum!
Mache Dir bitte keine Sorgen, dein Deutsch ist viel besser zu verstehen als mein Norwegisch:s19:
Ninna

Beitrag von Ninna »

Hallo Arild,
und herzlich willkommen! Dein Deutsch ist gut verständlich :s21: und bin echt froh das du deutsch kannst! :s21: Ich kann nämlich so gut wie kein Englisch und muss mir immer alles zusammenreimen, vom Schreiben mal ganz zu schweigen... :s10:

Liebe Grüße Ninna
Rosenfee

Beitrag von Rosenfee »

Arild Lindseth schrieb
Vielen dank Sarah :s19:

Ich bin dankbar das ich in dieser Forum erlaubt bin :-) Ich weiss das ich menge von Fehler macht when ich Deutsch zu schreiben versucht; aber ich hoffe es is möglich mir zu verstehen sind.

Gruss von Arild
Du schreibst ein sehr gut zu verstehendes Deutsch, Arild:s21:
freundderrosen

Beitrag von freundderrosen »

Herzlich Willkommen Arild.
Wenn ich an mein Englisch denke, ist Dein Deutsch super.:s21:
Viel Spaß hier im Forum. :s19:
sarah
Beitrag von sarah »

Hei Arild, og vel møtt i vårt lille forum!:s19:

da ich kaum englisch kann, traute ich mich nicht, hier zu schreiben. aber dann habe ich jemanden gefragt, damit ich dich wenigstens auf norwegisch begrüssen kann.:s20:

ich wünsche dir viel spass und hoffe, deine fragen können beantwortet werden.

viele grüsse aus ostfriesland
sarah***
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

And don´t worry about having killed Arthur de Sansal ou´re not the only murderer:rolleyes::s22:
It´s indeed a rather delicate variety:(
If you´re managing to keep Empéreur du Maroc alive you´re really good! I only knew one person who had a vigorous specimen of this variety and his secret of getting it a big and healthy plant was potting and feeding it with chicken manure.
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

It is indeed a messy aerea and I´m always expressing my honor when meeting people who have a hint of looking through this complicated item.
My actual favorites (because they´re just in bloom:s22::s22:) are Kaiser Wilhelm I and Xavier Olibo (the latter is rather easy to identify after having seen it once: The flowers have a very dark, "blackish" red and are of a very special shape).
Both are intensively fragrant. - You have to visit Labenz soon!:s20:
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

Hi Arild! Nice to meet you here!:s19::s19:

When I went to visit Mr. Weingart the first (and only) time (for getting hold of one of his rose catalogues:s22:) he was just cutting budwood from Souvenir d´Alphonse Lavallée. I asked for the blooms, took them from the ground and their luxurious perfume accompanied my whole (in those days very long) way to Sangerhausen.
So I remember these blooms very well: They were dark red with a hint of mahogany brown and just this description is found by old literature sources (as I learned by reading Dickerson). The photo of the Guillot variety is the nearest to my memory that I saw. Unfortunately I couldn´t manage to get a specimen yet.

Mr. Weingart told me that there´s another red HP, Prince Camille de Rohan, which is also sold by the name of Souvenir du Docteur Jamain.
SdDJ as I know it is indeed very dark in a bluish way (no hint of black or brown).
I don´t remember the stamens but will have a look tomorrow.
It´s a very good climber and prefers partial shadow. My specimen didn´t flower it´s first season at all but rebloomed very well from the second year on.
The fragrance is delightful!

Please excuse my bad English: No experience within the last years:rolleyes:
Rosenfee

Beitrag von Rosenfee »

Hi Arild,

welcome here in this forum:s19: Do you mean this rose? Please klick on the blue words, than you will find a link to Guillot with a picture of Souvenir d'Alphonse Lavallée.
Antworten