About Souvenir d'Alphonse Lavallee and other roses

Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

But only send a little piece of budwood then! Whole plants are too difficult and expensive to send.
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

Interesting experience of a reblooming EaB! Will try to cut the Rosenpark specimen and my own back soon this summer.

Yeah: So you´re a real, red haired Viking:s20:
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

Arild, I hope you´re not too shocked now?
I´m already trying to change the former imagination into a blonde,vigorous, male one:s22:
Rosenfee

Beitrag von Rosenfee »

Raphaela schrieb
dark and long haired, slim, rather shy and young girl student:s12:
What a beautiful description:s12::s12::s12:
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

Yes, it´s looking exactly like the Rosenpark specimen!

It´s not disappointing but elder people like me:s15: need a little bit time to change their imaginations and my were rather detailed concerning a dark and long haired, slim, rather shy and young girl student:s12:
Kris

Beitrag von Kris »

Arild schrieb
Well, if I move to Germany I shall have to change name. I'm a guy, sorry
nobody is perfect, Arild....Bild

like the last scene in the film with Marilyn Monroe " some like it hot " do you know ????
Zuletzt geändert von Kris am Montag 22. Juni 2009, 16:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

Yes, I also suppose it´s because of the "ild" ending:s22:

When I had a look at Antonie Schurz yesterday I noticed that the delicate pink colored blooms had dark pink/red edges left at the outer petals when just opened. So may be there´s some hope left for having the right plant?
Raphaela

Beitrag von Raphaela »

Big surprise: I thought you were a girl all the time:s12::s12:

If there had been a mistake/replacement at the nursery I will send more budwood of Marie de St. Jean (there´s another specimen growing at the Rosenpark now and my hadn´t been pruned for a long time). Please send the address(es) once again! It seems to be difficult to bud and the German nurseries also needed many trials before they finally got enough specimens.

Concerning comparison plantings of red HPs: As far as I know Sonnenschein/Karin Schade already started some. At the Rosenpark some different varieties are growing side by side at one row (have to write an actual listing:rolleyes:) but they are not too similar.
The only known mislabeled plant already growing there is a "Violette Bouyer" once bought at Sangerhausen.

I didn´t want to plant Souvenir du Docteur Jamain first because it seemed to be not rare enough. When we learned to know that EU money (for ordering roses for example) will not come soon I moved a specimen from a friend to the edge of the Gallica bedder in order to have some reblooming varieties there.
Erinnerung an Brod was a gift from another friend and is growing near to the bedder with the red HPs. In my opinion it´s very different from them and not easy to confuse.
In my garden there are only three left actually: Baron Girod de l`Ain (not rare enough), Avocat Duvivier and a mislabeled "Marie Baumann". The two letter will be moved to the Rosenpark in autumn because no one has a look at them here:rolleyes:

When I learned to make photos with my new Digi I will try to take some photos.
Antworten